PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATR Pilot looking for work (FAA license SIC rating)
Old 25th Sep 2010, 00:55
Chazbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hurry Up:

I am a US FAA rated ATR pilot who flew in Asia as a ATR72 captain. I'm taking a break and want to go back but am out of currency. This is due to companies delaying hiring or various agencies dropping the ball with submitting my material. With the exception of two, all seem to be bad, and even the "good ones" make "mistakes". I looked into FSI (not my favorite program) about a recurrency and was quoted $17,000! However it is $6500 if I have a training partner. If you need to get current maybe you'd consider this? From what I've been told lately, too many times, being out of currency means, in Asia, no job, no way.

Depending on the ATR contract job the $6500 is probably worth it, but $17,000. is pretty steep. I also have gotten as good response, or better, going through the companies by themselves. Some the currency requirements are fairly stiff, like 3 months. Some, if pushed will go up to a year. There are few carriers where the pay for FO isn't very good, others quite decent, it depends on where you want to go, I guess. Let me know if you need currency and are interested in pursuing this.