PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Information on EASA FCL?
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2010, 21:30
421C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And the permanent number of "genuine" non-EU visitors flying into the EU in N-reg planes will make detection very hard, because a lot of them will be speaking normal English, etc. There is no "proof of residence" piece of paper you can wave at the ramp inspector. That's not how aviation works.
So the Ramp Inspector asks to see your EASA licences. You say "no, I am not an EU resident, I don't need one". Fine, he asks you to sign a declaration to that effect. How much of a Sherlock Holmes will he have to be to question the veracity of someone with a European accent and passport in a light piston airplane claiming to be a non-EU operator or the pilot of a US corporate flight dept? He forwards this to the NAA enforcement team. There will be thousands of NAA officials in Euriope with less work to do after EASA take over, so you can be sure there will be scope for this sort of thing. They decide who they want to chase up. Aviation regs of this sort are trivially easy to enforce, because the administrative paper traill is so easy to follow up - it's not like a dispute over low flying or did you bust the minima. It's a matter of factual record.

...so what happens then when the letter reaches the sensible Trust administrators. You think they will conspire to establish false claims about residency or about who the operators is? No, so then you get the letter from the NAA legal team....

Sorry, I am not writing this because I enjoy it. I just don't think that anyone has anything to gain (except perhaps some false comfort) by deluding themselves that
- EASA's rules on FRA will get not get enacted
- and if even if they do, there will be a big loophole
- and even if there isn't, the regulations will be unenforceable

brgds
421C