PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Information on EASA FCL?
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2010, 21:21
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where does this "operator" thing come from? My understanding is the requirement fir the crews to have EASA licences, nothing to do with the operator?
That begs the question what sort of EASA Licence? I hold an FAA ATP and fly Citations on private jets. What is the minimum required to fly a citation? a basic PPL IR. The fact that I am being paid to fly an N reg is nothing to do with EASA. So at worst all i need to convert isnt my ATP to an ATP but for EASA purposes a PPL IR.

Payments or money earnt are on the FAA ATP.

The whole stupid and sad thing is that EASA are trying to add their own licences whatever they are supposed to be to a foreign reg aircraft and foreign licences that dont require EASA to be legal.

What is the point? There is no sensible point to this whole charade.

Frankly I would be happy to flout EASA and say take me to court with your rubbish so we can ridicule the complete NON SENSE.

They have been clever enough to ensure that they don't penalise visitors to the great country of europe by honouring ICAO agreements but those agreements don't have to extend to it's residents.
You can paint or package this all you want but it is still DISCRIMINATION You almost sound as if you are mouthpiecing the glorification of EASA. Bose the whole thing is a nonsense and if you really believe in protecting pilots interests you wouldnt write stuff as above.

421C
My point is that in the conventional way EU private pilots fly their N-reg airplanes, they (not the Trust legal owner) are the Operator.
I think it would be simple to legally make the operator whoever you want and based wherever you want.

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 24th Sep 2010 at 21:43.