PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Information on EASA FCL?
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2010, 16:25
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pace, no offence but you really should make an effort to and read this stuff as it clearly effects you
Dont want to waste time reading stuff which will never happen and will have to be re written Have to ration my mental energy
Bose being serious as I do on rare occasions like to add a touch of humour into my posts.

The whole lot although eloquently written stinks of discrimination. How can you require pilots flying aircraft on another states licences and reg to comply with European regs.
If an American pilot flies in European airspace and is not required to comply then no matter how you wrap it up its discriminating against Eurpean pilots flying on the same FAA licences. Those EASA licences have no basis on an N reg aircraft.

Put it another way if an American pilot is legally qualified to fly and is FAA approved type rated on the said N reg aircraft and then legally flies into European airspace you are saying that purely on his race the European pilot has to hold licences which are irrelevant to the aircraft he is flying? That is back door discrimination with no basis to the aircraft or licences held. What will they do next require EASA approved type ratings EASA approved avionic fits etc the whole thing is ridiculous.

Wish we had some legal expert in this forum.

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 24th Sep 2010 at 16:50.