PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "No - really - I wasn't chopped - honestly!"
Old 24th Sep 2010, 15:47
Rigger1

One from engineers. In the early to mid 90’s getting a ‘fitters’ course, SAC to JT was a bit of a big thing. Although it was widely accepted that if you were remotely competent you would get on one eventually it was just a question of how long you were prepared to wait. Having worked hard I finally got my course. This was a new style of fitters course with lots of academics and lasted 51 weeks, It was also now at Cosford having recently moved from Halton.

We turned up on the Sunday evening, booked in and being hardened liney SAC’s did the right thing, found the bar and got wasted, severely wasted, so wasted in fact that come our first parade in the morning, and for many of us our first real encounter with a ‘discip’ for 5+ years, we were a little worse for wear. So imagine one discip shouting and screaming when one very hungover SAC says “I can’t believe this bull****”, Discip goes even more ‘ape’ and asks the airman, “don’t you want to be here?” Only to be met with the response, “no not really”. Said SAC turned round walked off leaving discip quit literally gobsmacked. And to this day I still don’t know what happened to him.