PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Hold Pool News
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2010, 12:32
NigelOnDraft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Probably been done before

anyone know what the short haul roster is like.
Anything from a 4.5 hr duty (LHR-MAN-LHR) day trip to a 5 day 12 sector 4 Euro nightstop tour, and all variations between.

In your first couple of years at LHR, you will think the airline only operates Friday-Monday

Generally work pattern is "earlies" or "lates". I heard a rumour that the Airbus fleet does fly through the night (something called a "night Moscow" ) but it has not affected me so far

Heard it was very stable
I would guess, unless you get into swaps / overtime, you will fly 95%+ of the sectors on your roster within an hour of the published times. However, we do liven things up occasionally when Volcanos, Cabin Crew, Caterers, new Terminals and 1mm+ Snow intervenes.

have little idea of the pattern?
There isn't really one... The lines try to stick to 6 day blocks, but have many shorter blocks. By the time you have clashed/dropped some trips at IBS1, then picked up other trips at IBS2, you (try to) make the pattern what you want. In the early days when you get "Blind Lines" a computer throws all the trips nobody else wants across your month, generally in a fashion that just ensures you do not get any of your preferences

NoD

PS Above applies to Airbus/LHR on Bidline. LGW/737 use Carmen of which I know nothing...