PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2010, 08:59
finalcall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airman

GF has been established in the international market. The major problem that GF is that they suffering because of the money hungry (over paid)people from upper management( not surprise there). I have been almost on all interntaional route ( mainly Europe) which GF flies to and most of them are packed with pax.So i dont see a reason for them to stop flying there.
Opening regional untapped destination is a great thing. However, it doesnt mean that you should not look into the international destination. After estabilishing the airline in the middle east, the airline should look into destinations liks JFK and a couple of countries in Europe as many people from the ME and the indian subcontinents fly there very often and vise versa. Thats what Mr.M is not looking into. Options for redicing the 330-300 aircraft is acceptable. But cancelling the entire 330 orders is not a good move in my opinion. This will prevent the airline from tapping some untapped international marketwhen needed .And the same goes for the 787s specially because it is fuel efficiant ,easy to maintain and high in demand.

Making the airline dependant entirely on narrow body fleet is just not the right way to reduce costs. I have stated this before; its not whether you make the profit or not, Its how you make the profit..

i am not claiming that the CEO is an idiot or not doing his research etc ... But I would its just that he is being very close minded regarding the international routes in purticular the USA and alot of them in Asia.Its just something that needs to be given some attention.

P.S New European routes TBA in April ( an unofficial report)

Last edited by finalcall; 24th Sep 2010 at 10:16.