PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Strategic Airlines
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2010, 08:39
Zedex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dazed and Confused

Been watching this; and previous thread long enough; and would like some input from others more for a general consensus rather than a text bashing.

Is anyone actually asking why in gods name an Australian Defence Force with the interests of its Australian troops and its own security let a tender out to third party and brokers? I will add some of which do fantastic jobs as GSA's and Charter brokers.

My view on this is that the tender should have been publically released to the market face asking for current Australian Operators of Aircraft, with their current fleet and potential additions and the current infrustructure to support that fleet and operations in the interest of the Australian People and Defence Force.
Instead we now have a situation of fourth party providers supplying hull and equipment for brokers yet to create the AOC, infrastructure and operations to carry Australian Troops over; lets face it difficult distances and regions.
(If any one wants to get specific on numbers 1st Party -End user PAX, 2nd Party Defence, 3rd Operator etc).
I would welcome some input as if i am missing something please tell me as i see the current scenario and solution completely unacceptable for the Defence, Australian tax payer and ultimately our troops that have to fly.