PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus crash/training flight
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2010, 04:34
CONF iture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NoD
Bottom line: this was a test to determine if the AoA sensors / systems were working.
Early on the system knew something was wrong with the AoA sensors / Why it did NOT tell the pilots ?
AoA sensors are not TPHs.

Originally Posted by Clandestino
Why would anyone worth his aeronautical salt go below his minimum clean speed? Calculating it is as easy as 2xGW (t) + 85
By mentioning minimum clean speed I was not exactly thinking about green dot but I can see what you mean, so I’d better rephrase it :
Whatever might think NoD, one can get much closer from a stall if 20 knots below the real S speed, the airplane is still in clean config.

Beside the point, not too sure what you mean but what’s wrong with slowing down below green dot … ?

In response to the suggestion (to now include "AoA DISCR" as an ECAM message), who wouldnt' want "more warnings", etc? Perhaps it will be made one, who knows? But then what?
PJ2,
I would go for the simple answer : Common sense should prevail

Something is ironic here, airplanes are supposedly designed to simplify their operation, but are getting so much more complex from the inside. I am amazed to consider how little I do know on my type. Accident reports teach me more than FCOMs … Why is that ?
Complexity leads to malfunctions.
Malfunctions bring "warnings".

Regarding the TAM accident, I’ve already made my position clear here. I have not changed it. It is based on what I think is common sense, at least mine.

But it is erroneous to state that every situation or accident will lead to a "warning" in order to resolve the original problem :
  • Spoilers deployment is such a critical item for the deceleration capability. Yes, it has been assigned to the automation but fortunately it is still the PNF duty to visually confirm their deployment. The best warning is the PNF call.
  • To mention only one accident case, I’ll go back to the AF A340 in Toronto.
    What kind of ECAM WARNING could have prevented the overrun if the airplane touched down half way of a WET WET WET 9000 feet runway … ?
    I personally don’t see any.