PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 100 Marathons in 100 days
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2010, 23:43
FFP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ha ! Said from the comfort of an internet post......!

I suspect your fishing, which I why I'm writing this with a smile on my face at your "seriousness"..

But seeing as you used his name, let talk about Karnazes. I've met him twice now (he's smaller in real life than the front cover of Ultramarathon man would have you believe) and he's an absolute gent, with incredible endurance and complete humility that he's someone that "loves life and loves to run". He has the time of day for anyone.

And I can tell you he'd take his hat off to this event and Mike (who I'd never heard of before today) , both for it's impressive nature and support of a worthy cause. I've seen him stay after a race and clap in those finishers behind him with genuine admiration. Not a fake bone in his body I'm convinced and certainly no ego about what other's do in relation to his events.

Good thing about democracy is that your entitled to your opinion, but unless you'd like to tell us how easy such a feat of endurance was based on the last time you did it, your opinion on this doesn't count for sh!t.

But thanks for letting us know you think it's not that special I'm sure Mike's drying his eyes as we speak....