PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who Wants to join CATHAY!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2002, 05:01
NoseGear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Backspace, that is not the point unfortunately. If they really wanted to support the AOA, they would not go to CX, yet. The AOA is trying to apply pressure to the company for several reasons, not least of which is the 49'ers. To try and acheive this, the recruitment ban was established. Now, if the pilots who have flown in the face (no pun intended) of the ban were not so short sighted, then likely this would already be over. But, they have gone, and so the position of the overall pilot body is weakened. So, in turn this ban goes on. I am not a pilot with CX, would like to be, but will wait until this is resolved as I can see the new joiners getting a big shafting, probably not long after this is resolved, when there will be A scale, B scale and then C scale, and that won't be worth it.

Banbreaker, I know what you are saying, but if you really want a career there, then why undermine your very own future earnings and stable career path to go early? If you are "Cathay" materiel then they will wait for you too!

18 wheeler, a very good point made, regarding the companys instrangience towards the pilots. Another fine example of drive by management!