PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bill Hamilton gives REX 6 months
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2002, 04:48
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Andrew

Oooops twice, sorry must have been a Freudian slip, my friends and enemies all agree that I do go on a bit.

Ahhh I see we are still a nation divided by a common language.

I cannot disagree with anything that you say with regard to the the private operators and pilots, especially the vintage and war bird operators who are professional to a fault.

And I agree 300%, that the law of diminishing returns does apply to some forms of regulation

I hasten to point out that my comments in re; SAFE, SAFER, SAFEST above were not aimed at "those" sections of your manifold membership. I am fortunate to count more than a few of "those" amongst my friends.

it was aimed at the GA, Low Cap RPT and Charter operators

The great movements we have seen in the regulator in the recent past have been driven by those "famous" accidents in the public transport arena, in the clean up after the depredations of single agenda activists and some of the "strolling adventurers and travellers" who have, unfortunately, "used' your organisation as the battering ram.

As a result, I suspect as far as the public is concerned, AOPA represent the Low Cap RPT and GA charter industry and can no longer "see" the very real but IMHO "separate" private agenda.

I don't profess to have the definitive answer or even the beginning of one, I just feel we need to define a little more clearly at what and whom CASA are aiming.

Using a howitzer to shoot turkeys is more likely to kill the sparrows.