PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sometimes it's hard to love BA....
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2010, 18:05
Rusland 17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sometimes it's hard to love BA....

In August I and two travelling companions were involuntarily downgraded on a BA Cityflyer flight from Zurich to London City. The flight was packed with families, kids and various forms of lowlife and, needless to say, was hell.

However, I accept that sometimes these things happen so I sent an email to BA asking them if they would kindly refund to my account the BA Miles I had spent to upgrade us. Today, four weeks later, I received a reply, in which they apologised for the fact that we had not been able to have the extra legroom seats we had requested, and offered a £30 travel voucher as compensation. This, of course, has no relevance to my actual complaint.

But this isn't just a moan: I do have a couple of questions for anyone who might work for BA customer service. Am I entitled to get my BA Miles back, or is there some clause in BA's booking conditions that means I forfeit them? And the £30 voucher is only redeemable by telephone - if I choose to accept the voucher will I therefore be liable to pay the additional fee imposed on phone bookings?