PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V1 Versus Vmcg
Thread: V1 Versus Vmcg
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2010, 17:00
Alex Whittingham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The B737-300 Performance manual says the following:
V1(MCG)
Regulations prohibit scheduling takeoff with a V1 less than minimum V1 for control on the ground, V1(MCG). Therefore compare the adjusted V1 to the V1(MCG). To find V1(MCG) enter the V1(MCG) table with the airport pressure altitude and actual OAT. If applicable, add the adjustments shown below the table. If the adjusted V1 is less than V1(MCG), set V1 equal to V1(MCG). If VR is less than V1(MCG), set VR equal to V1(MCG), and determine a new V2 by adding the difference between the normal VR and V1(MCG) to the normal V2. No takeoff weight adjustment is necessary provided that the actual field length exceeds the minimum field length shown in the Takeoff Field Limit chart.
Although I am far from current, even when I was flying it was very unusual to hit a VMCG limit. It would only happen on very short runways when your FLLTOM was neccessarily light. In part, this was exacerbated by the old UK certification requirements which set VMCG some 10KT higher than FARs and JARs would do.

I would be surprised if an airline would schedule any aircraft certificated under JARS or FARs into a VMCG limited field, they certainly would not do it without providing clear guidance to the crew.