PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Back complaint - medical checks affect employment?
Old 23rd Sep 2010, 15:04
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I personally suffered with lower back pain for 2 years off and on from doing something to it while shutting of all things a stiff aircraft door at chest height on a slippy apron.

My GP recommended a good bone cruncher who was qualified in both the bone alignment and muscles etc. 3 sessions, plenty of walking and a bit of sticking pins in me followed by a visit to the physio to teach me the strengthing exercises and it was cured.

Apparently you need to get everything aligned and not in spasm before strengthening otherwise you end up lop sided and still favouring one side of your back and it turns into a bit of a viscous circle. First couple of sessions was manipulation and after the second one I had no back pain. The third one was more geared towards the stomach muscles. Touch wood I haven't had a problem since.

Some Medics swear by Chiropraters, Osteopaths and Acupuncture to help with backpain others see it as quackery.

If you haven't been before its all a bit scary with popping noises and them sticking you in stress positions then leaning on you until you feel things "move". Afterwards it feels sore but more like you have done an hour of circuit training and nothing compared to the pain you had before hand.

My GP said that a bad one can cause more damage than good but a good one in his opinion (and experence himself) can aid your back recovering.

Good luck finding your cure its soul destroying living with backpain and out of the blue spasm's.