PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 7
Thread: Ryanair - 7
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2010, 11:26
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is my view on Ryanair over the next couple of years....

With the recession ending those who had shifted from legacy carriers to LCC are going to start moving back.
Actually this is your opinion which is fine but it's not actually as simple and clear cut as you imply. What MOL and Ryanair say and do are not the same thing. I don't recall anyone seriously suggesting that I fly Ryanair on business to save money. If they were the most convenient then yes, but for price God no!

Let stewardesses land planes.
Passengers standing up.
Pay for the toilets.
etc etc

Sure Ryanair will move into new markets but in this particular case, there's nothing to be gained. PIK is already 45 minutes on a subsidised direct train service from Terminal to City Centre.

I think PIK will have a good future serving the West of Scotland and their never ending fascination with the same old places. Personally I am going to miss BHD and already miss ORK, SNN and BOH but if that's what they need to do for the base to be viable then excellent.

Forgive my ignorance, but are you saying that PIK is not making money, or that PIK has lower costs per unit passenger and can therefore afford to charge its customers lower fees ?
Second one I would say. They have to focus their whole operation in a way that supports the customer that allows them to survive. GLA adapt from Continental all the way to easyJet. Horses for courses!