PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Back complaint - medical checks affect employment?
Old 23rd Sep 2010, 11:25
Okavango

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Simple - to understand whether the most beneficial remedy and exercise is being followed (as I had stated in my original post). For example, the Physio told me that the stretches I'd been doing thinking it was a repetition of a muscular injury from a couple of years ago could actually be aggravating a new disc complaint, rather then helping it. My understanding is that only an MRI scan will correctly identify any disc abnormality - even then as you say most people are treated with manupulation and exercises but I'd at least like to know they're the most effective ones. The other issue is that I only have access to a Physiotherapist through Bupa, rather than an Osteopath which I'd ideally like to see (and which I'd be referred to through the Doc).

Now back to the actual question - are they able to and do employers make any medical checks and if so would such a complaint be looked upon unfavourably?

Edit:thanks for last reply - this response sent at same time in answer to previous post.