PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qualities of a Good Training Captain
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2010, 10:58
411A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps you have forgotten the case of SQ006...
No, I have not, and if you were actually paying attention, you would have noticed it in my previous comments, as...

Brand new First Officers taught by quite experienced (no nonsense) training Captains, in exactly the methods I have outlined.
And, what's more, it certainly worked for them, as SQ have had only one fatal accident in the intervening years, to date...in spite of a huge increase in their fleet, flying to far more international destinations than what many 'new guys' here could ever contemplate, never mind attain.
Post number 29, for your reference.

Now, as for the rest of your comments, I would say the following...
airline budgets today are tight, and this extends to the training department as well, make no mistake.
Therefore, for the trainee to get the most out of these limited budgets and instructor time, it will be necessary for these '200 hour wonders' to listen carefully to their instructor pilots, and follow the plot to the letter, simply because...these referenced junior guys would have had no previous jet transport airline flying experience, therefore...they would, at the start of training, have zero knowledge of line operations, despite what they might read here on PPRuNe, to the contrary.
Once they know the basics, then they can start to 'question'...and not before.