PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nigerian Eagle Airlines jobs
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2010, 09:56
Vortex Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel 419 Land?

Chap,

You are looking for a job in a place so notorious that it is discussed in expat circles as the non choice place of work.

The reason you likely incurred 18L's response is because I as an expat read it and groaned myself.

It's Nigeria!!!

Is it safe? Well it's safer than Afghanistan.
Are you welcome? Well not really they just want bums on seat.
You either need a job or you don't. If you are a low hours pilot who wants a jet job then this may be the way for you to get it.
If you don't want it, then someone else will.

Your contract will not be worth the paper it is printed on, it will likely be unenforceable, your employer may be here today gone tomorrow but the planes are there, they need pilots and you may even get paid for a bit. So you have to decide where you are on the scale of desperation.

It's a horrendous place to live, the standard of living is unbelievably bad, the quality of life not much better. It isn't safe, friendly or welcoming to expats. The best understood concepts are pay day and knocking off time. Nobody is really interested in doing anything other than giving you a 30 minute excuse as to why they didn't do what would have taken 5 minutes or the favourite of why it is someone else's fault.

You would be getting yourself into this well documented arena. Now do not get me wrong Air Nigeria is not Arik there are nicer people involved but not that much nicer they still do not really care about you or anyone other than themselves, this is Nigerian aviation they do not have the capacity to do something for anyone other than themselves regardless of legality.

So if you can deal with the above apply and take it if you get it. If you can't then guess we will see you when those of us who served our time here are sitting in your LHS when you eventually get something else.