PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Back complaint - medical checks affect employment?
Old 23rd Sep 2010, 09:10
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okavango

Excuse my ignorance but why would you want a scan? where could that option lead? a spinal operation? Not a good idea unless you are a complete invalid through it and thats the last option.

In my 20s i raced formula ford and was shoved through the side of the car in a crash. I had a scan which said impact to the spinal chord but still only physio. I lost all the feeling in the back of my ankle couldnt stand on my toes with that foot and was told I would have to live with it.

Walked and climbed hills every other day and it went. A lot of these back problems are a sedentary lifestyle and muscle tension.

Only you can answer that? Now I have gone back to skulling and rowing in my fifties another earlier pastime and have never felt so supple.

My advice have the physio and walk it will resolve itself. May I add I am a pilot have an interest in medicine but thats it NO KNOWLEDGE so I am sure somebody better qualified will advice you

Pace