PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Arik Air Pilots-Union Thread.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2010, 04:46
Oba1kanobe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand your concerns regarding NAAPE, however we should look at this as long term.
I'm not completely convinced that Arik Air has much of a chance for long term viability. But, sure, something that can be built on... just in case!

You want to link with an international body, hence you imply we are not capable or handling this ourselves.
I don't imply anything. We wisely will look at what the world has to offer, and select any and all that may aid us. An international, multi-continent airline should have an equal level of pilot union.

Yes there are just a few Nigerian Tech crew, I would hope the idea would be to encourage this sectors of the aviation industry.
My focus is on pilots. I would prefer not to divulge far from that basic core in the near term. If we become so wildly successful as a union, the engineers will come to us for representation. If we're a failure, it won't matter.

If you are unable to have a body speaking for this group, you end up with national tech crew that are still fittters, no B1 or B2 ratings in 10 years.
Your points are well taken.