PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Arik Air Pilots-Union Thread.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2010, 04:28
Oba1kanobe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well done OB1. Keep the good ideas rolling. BALPA (UK) might also be a good Union to look to for assistance.
Ok, I'll look into that also.

1. Name should not be that hard to deliver
I will continue to use AAPA until / if something better comes along.

2. I am sure that anybody who has been working at Arik for more then 12 months has at least 2-3 months salary tucked away safely somewhere.
Probably, and wisely so. It has to be said, however.

3. Getting "Activists" to come forward might be tricky. (for now at least)
There's never a good time to stick your neck out. But leaders lead. There's no need to identify themselves on here. We will get a private forum for that hopefully.

4. All pilots should contribute to a monthly fund based on a percentage of their salary. (Like 1% gross or N10,000 which ever is greater)
That seems like a good goal. Let's get a group actually organized before we ask to collect "dues". Donations, however, would be awesome. I have an account already set up that may be usable for this. I think I may donate $N50,000 seed money to set up the web site. I hope there are those who will follow my lead and step up.

5. We need someone to help make a proper website so that the pilots can be encouraged to visit the Union ( be it virtual) and voice their concerns. I have no idea how to get a website built.
I see very little value in a virtual union. Just another place to complain. The goal should be, and must be, to accomplish something for all. What's important to pilots worldwide? Seniority? Pay? Roster? Benefits?

I am baffled as to why we are not getting any response from all the Arik pilots viewing this thread. ????? But yet in the flight deck they will talk and talk for hours.
Don't know. It's only been 48 hours. If you're reading this, please ask a fellow pilot for their thoughts as to a name, and if they would like to become a benefactor by donating some money to get a website together.

Can anyone out there build a website or knows someone who can
I'm multi-talented. I can do this, and have already begun the initial leg work to arrange for a web site with a private forum. Obviously, I'll need a name before I can get too far along.