PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Home of Photos in Dunnunda! Mk I
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2010, 22:37
frigatebird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Watched 'The Battle of Britain' movie again last night on a gift DVD. With a young Michael Caine, Suzannah York, and all the other good players. Saw the movie the first time when it was released, as an Aero Club outing to the Wintergarden theatre on the big screen at a group discount.

Met Suzannah York a couple of years later, and her husband, when they were filming 'Eliza Fraser' on Fraser Island. Had a charter in the 182 over to Eurong, and landed on the beach when the tide was out. As I came over the top, could see they were filming the 'whaleboat landing through the surf' scene, so widened out, picked a good section of beach, and landed behind the camera angles. They would have had to cut the 20th century sound out of that take. It was a beautiful day, sunny, and not much swell, so I waited and watched the filming after I dropped off my passengers. ( Island Airways were doing most of the flying for the film crews, I only got the tidbits). They would push off, row though the surf until out past the breaker line, turn around, the cameras on shore would roll, and the boat and crew would row and surf in to be captured for another Take. Flying can be repetitious, too, but is preferable to that. Met the couple when they were in a little 4 wheel drive later. Lovely actress.