PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 22nd Sep 2010, 19:02
JUAN TRIPP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Betty Girl and TC. You are both correct IMO. What really grates me is that Bassa in whatever guise have gone against anything/body that BA has tried to do in the past. The way I see it is that whenever you have gone and given ANY differance of opinion, any feedback etc to pretty much ANY of the Bassa reps, it has been met with indifferance at best and downright negativity at worst. Crew have been told by Bassa from the moment they start flying and sometimes before! that BA are the enemy and ANYTHING that they say, be it a manager, scheduling, CC direct etc is a lie and mustn't be trusted. Bassa has to many become their Daddy and is their FIRST port of call for any problem that arises. How many times have you heard crew say ' I,m off to see/call Bassa when perhaps a siple call to the appropriate person would sort out the situation. Thats not to say that EVERYONE in BA is good or can do the job, but personally I've found 95% can sort it IF possible.

As for DH, he has always been on his own agenda, but the above mantra has been perportrated by him more than most IMO. He has made sure that MOST reps carry on the anti BA regime. A friend of mine last year put a bit of constructive critisism on the Bassa forum. The next day DH phoned him at home and gave him what for in a very abusive manner. He resigned from Bassa the next day. It was DH who at a meeting last year put a proposal to a show of hands and after the usual massive YES, actually said ' Anyone brave enough to vote no'. This is straight out of the 70's and sums it up to me. This guy has looked after himself in every way. Like every dictatorship, he cannot believe what is happening to HIS little empire. Its all someone else's fault. Classic. Total denial. He has always been an angry man. As for the situation that Bassa are the members, I wish!!

For the ones that follow him, you have the thugs, the one ones who are frightened, the ones who have bowed to peer pressure, and the ones who aren't the sharpest knives in the box. Its all a bloody shame as ALL of us have lost, and we will never know that with a bit of realistic negotiation it could well have been so differant.

Last edited by JUAN TRIPP; 22nd Sep 2010 at 19:26.