PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DERRY/LONDONDERRY
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2010, 18:42
speedbirdATC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haven't seen any reports of new routes/bases from Ryanair today, or am I mistaken? Also any one know if there are pictures of the new departures configuration? I think it'd be great perhaps to get an Ibiza route from Derry, definitely would be sustained by drunken teenagers and students alike! Ryanair could even argue their route is fuelled by Bio-Ethanol!
Any conceivable change of Easyjet or Flybe coming in to break CODA's dependence on Ryr?
Nothing from FR regarding LDY today, probably the new year before we hear anything about new routes, and those will probably be to sunshine destinations or hopefully the increase of rotations on the current services i.e. 2 x daily STN.
Would love to see some pictures of the new departure area myself. I wonder how big the new W H Smith shop is?

If another carrier is to arrive my money would be on Flybe because of their a/c size and possible routes they could start would be perfect for LDY.
I'm sure the airport are speaking with possible new airlines all the time, so you never know who might pop up in the next few years.