PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gutersloh, Mid 70s
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2010, 18:28
Oneye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RETDPI

Was there any real need for the jibe (the RIC had its purposes) old man. I doubt you know half of what the RIC was involved in, in our efforts to preserve your sorrry backside. Suffice to say, I was privileged to be involved with both 4Sqn Gutersloh and 1(F)Sqn at Wittering training programmes, both operationally and in the training environment. Those young pilots are/were the very best of the best, which they proved time and time again. I did not strangle nuts, neither did I w*** spanners, but the information that I and my contemporaries imparted to those young people was appreciated by them, which they collectively acknowledged on more than one occasion.
Stick to your port and lemon old man and try to control your bile. I do know what banter is and can distinguish between that and dribbling bile.
Apologies to other members reading, but it could not go unanswered.........yes, I bit, big time.
Apart from our friend with the problem, I am enjoying this thread, many thanks.
OH, just to clarify, because I doubt RETDPI even knows what the acronym means, the decode is thus: Reconnaissance Intelligence Centre.