PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 22nd Sep 2010, 16:00
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Well I think a lot of what you say is true Timothy Claypole.

You seem to have access to the Bassa forum or crew forum, so you can see what the more mentalist bassa members are saying. As a crew member who did not strike, I left the union a long time ago, so I don't get to see this kind of thing.

I do fly, though, with a lot of crew that did strike and for most of them they still genuinely trust the union and having had their staff travel taken off them, I think they cling onto their misguided loyalty to the union in the hope that the union will get their Staff Travel back.

Now most of us on here know that, that will not happen very soon and unless Bassa change their stance probably only if a court says so and that may or may not happen but a lot of these crew don't see that, as they have put their trust in Bassa. Most are good genuine people who have been badly led and the loss of staff travel is in fact driving this IA on. Those of us that did not strike just take each day, one by one, dealing with the aftermath but those that did strike are driven by a feeling of injustice towards us for not striking and towards Willi Walsh for taking their staff travel away. And these feelings will just not go away I am afraid.