PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 22nd Sep 2010, 15:06
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Jetset lady and flying nunn,
I have been told by an ex rep that many reps warned Duncan and Lisanne that they should wait for the November payroll before ballotting the Bassa members (because then they would have known the correct names still in the union and which had taken severence), but DH went ahead regardless and against alot of reps views.

I have also been told by an ex rep that used to work at Gatwick that an offer was made, prior to Christmas, to mediate between CC89, Bill Francis and Bassa LHR reps but DH turned that down while CC89 and Bill said YES.

So I think as flying Nunn said DH is responsible for alot of this mess. Many reps wanted to give the company time after the first ballot result just before Christmas but DH having been suspended by then apparently pushed for an immediate strike call and the dreaded 12 days of Christmas. As far as I am concerned that was the turning point for many crew who completely lost faith in Bassa there and then, so that is why they are in this mess now.