PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wings Over Gatineau - anyone else going?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2010, 11:07
fernytickles

Life's too short for ironing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We had a great weekend! Flew up in our C180 via Detroit Thurs/Frid last week, following the crappy weather and arrived to a beautiful afternoon in Gatineau. What a pretty location for an airport. Had a fantastic time volunteering for Vintage Wings as a Rosie the Riveter along with my sister and a new friend on Saturday. Met loads of great people, many with fascinating stories to tell.

Helped with setting up the tables for Saturday night's dinner and met, amongst others, the first female CF18 pilot, and a wonderful former WWII radar operator, Eveline Baker. She was a cracker - 87 years young and as sharp as a pin. Thoroughly enjoyed Rob Erdo's presentation on his experiences flying the 3 main BoB aircraft - Hurricane, Spitfire & ME109, and the Battle of Britain film afterwards.

Flew in to Rockcliff on Sunday and went along to the Battle of Britain memorial service. That was also a great event and the British High Commisioner included a reference to Jeffrey Wellum in his speech. Definitely more relevant than referring to Haiti when speaking at a Battle of Britain memorial service.....

All in all, a great weekend with some fantastic flying - thank you to all who brought along their lovely aeroplanes - and some great people. Now I just have to escape the soggy Ontario weather, prove to US customs I'm just a plain old foreigner, and make my way home again.

Really looking forward to next year's event Thanks to EAA Canada & Vintage Wings.

Last edited by fernytickles; 22nd Sep 2010 at 11:34.