PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age 70 for international pilots?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2010, 10:37
lambourne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just completed a jungle tour with a 62 year old gummer. F-ing exhausting. At no point in his two turns at bat did he attempt to flare the airplane. Speculating that if he was an MD11 pilot, he and others would be dead.

In addition to the poor flying skills he could not understand any of the atc calls. He would miss a call, I would say," that was for us", he looks at me like I'm from mars, I repeat about the same time atc is calling again, he misses again because he still hasn't comprehended what I said to him. I answer Atc, read back and he finally gives me the look a baby has when it has pooped it's pants, but doesn't fully understand repercussions. A mindless, "thanks, don't know why I am having trouble understanding them....". Really? No idea? Could it be that you are too fricking old to still be working?

The guy was so slow I left him at the airport twice and took my own transport to hotel. Tired of waiting 15 minutes at the curb as he tried to find his way out of the terminal. It is as if he is going through life with one turn singnal flashing.

A real role model this clown is. What a disgrace to aviation and mankind. Hope he settles down for the dirt nap sooner rather than later.