PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VOR-Holdings (China)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2010, 10:26
Bolshevik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clondnine

Appreciate the response. Honestly, I was just responding to what VOR has advertised on Climbto350.com so frequently (3+ ads a day!). The ad seriously leads you to believe that you are being hired into the left seat of the 747-400 as a pic (come on, the the ads say "transition to the 747, PICs required"). Then, when asked, the truth was told and that is what I posted. I applied and almost left a good contract job that was stable until I asked the right questions with the right research and found out the God's honest truth about the thing. As stated in the email, if you are already a 744 Cpt and want to come over then it is an honest deal. My only beef with VOR is that they kind of lie to you. Perhaps I am assuming the worst having been around this industry so long, but not being forthcoming is also being dishonest.
Other than that, I would love to go to China. Seems like a more westernized area. The idea of cheap rent and Outback Steakhouses galore is wonderful. I would like nothing more than to make good money whilst flying a widebody and eating food I am accustomed to.
If there is a better contract company to go through, please let me/us know as I am quite sure that this would be a good contract under more honest circumstances.

Bo