PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia Express will need 450 pilots
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2010, 09:33
doayon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Many people with airbus experience

G.Morning!
Do not forget that many airlines fell down in the past recent years not only in Spain but in Europe as well.
I could think of 500 Airbus experience pilots or more,and probably many of them,if not all, spanish native speakers.
Only in Spain,from 2006 many airlines such as Air Madrid,Futura,Lte international,Air comet(plus turboprop commuter airlines)..went bankruptcy,not to mention those other airlines that fired many many Airbus type rated pilots like Spanair,Vueling-Clickair,because of fleet reduction...etc,..etc...furthermore, many other pilots not type rated and fired at that time,had to move away to..middle east,asia...and now they air A320/A330 type rated as well.

I´m not saying that there is not enough room for low-hour experience pilots,but it is going to be really hard,however, obviously not impossible.
In my opinion,if Iberia in the end,decides to for the low cost option,and, they know how the market is right now,the best and quick option is to hire experience and rated pilots to be able to fly in less than 2 months.(A)
On the other hand,like many times in the past 15 years,they could arrange a huge mega-exam an get 500 pilots both high and low experience,and train them according to growth needs (B).

Either option A or B the salaries will not be the same again,but I do not think Iberia managers are stupid!!,salaries won´t equal to those in Vueling last level,because otherwise won´t get high experience pilots in a short time.
For instance,let´s say something in the middle of the road, a salary of 3000 €/month from the beginning,probably it would interest many pilots even earning less than their present jobs thousand miles away from home,but a chance to come back with their families and live in their country.

Good luck to all of us!!
P.S:Sorry for language mistakes,not native.