PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2010, 05:53
flipster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SFFP

Does the above mean that the aircraft maybe flew into a cloud with rocks in it with the inevitable result?
There are bound to be a few nit-picky pedants who will say

"Of course it flew into culmulo-granite, that's obvious!"

However, what I think you meant was

"Was the ac flown intentionally into the Mull (i.e.suicide or gross negligence)? Or was the crew or ac possibly unable to avoid the culmulo-granite for some other reason (i.e. technical/control/navigational fault or human error)?"
If that is what you meant, then I doubt there are many who would disagree with you if you said

"Well, we don't actually know why for sure and certainly not 'with absolutely no doubt whatsoever'."
If anyone does disagree with that statement, then I would describe them as blinkered, of a closed mind and probably a friend or colleague of Day, Wratten, Spiers, the scottish officer (or anyother staff officer implicated by the gross maladministration associated with the premature release to service of the Chinook Mk2).

I also suspect they (JP/Caz etc) might retort with

"Closed mind? Pah! That's YOU Flipster/SFFP that is!"
or sommat similar.

My answer to that predictable reaction is that I do have an open mind and I never said that a crew cock-up is NOT a possibility but I remain unconvinced that all the evidence proves negligence 'with absolutely no doubt whatsoever'!