PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI 30+
Thread: BMI 30+
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2010, 04:57
Jihad Jim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Springbok Im 52kg , it was a marlboro light decaff nonalchoholic whiskey and I have a thyroid like an elephants boll0ck.

Seriously though , the only guys being given grief are the high BMIs with big fat tummys and or alarming blood work which correlates with the visual height weight INITIAL indicator.

Now I dont agree with the implementation of the njam winning BMI programme but the sudden increase in every South African suddenly having a past career as a Springbok prop is highly amusing. There are a few healthy ones but alot are big men but are basically big fat men claiming to be rugby experts. That is to say the sun has set on their misty eyed rugby careers and they just have a gut. Now coupled with the mass and medium to high blood work is an indicator of potential future problems.Take it as a positve feedback and lose weight. Who knows you may lose a few inches from you gut and gain a few inches of schlong you havent seen for a while.

As for the applicants. The BMI requirement sight unseen is an unfortunate side effect of a HR driven process and I hope will be addressed by the Pilot recruiters not the office wallahs.

Easy formula.
6 feet 4 inches + muscle = ok
6 feet 4 inches + muscle plus beer gut and bitch tits = not ok