PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rotation about the CG
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2010, 03:22
flyera343

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FCeng84..

Thanks for your reply.

I'm on the line, where the theory of physics and aerodynamics quickly loses out to the practical side. When I first looked at this, I initially dismissed the falling of the crew in the aft galley as simply caused by the strong +2.3G. I thought that any negative G along any part of the fuselage would be fairly instantaneous as it gave way to the positive, especially with that kind of pull at that speed.
The fact that some crew hit the ceiling indicates that the negative G occurrence was rather significant and no small measure of time.

So back to Grade 7 physics for me: Does your acceleration of >30degs/sec^2 take into count the distance from the galley to the ICR? My guess is it does and that the tangential vector in the galley exceeds 9.8m/sec^2 at that point. That would of course assume that the CR remains rigid in space, which it doesn't.
The extra data I was wondering about was how long does it take for the ICR to experience translation to positive G in this situation? Does the ICR move during an abrupt pull like that? Even though the event turned nosedown within a second, would it be safe to assume that neg. G lasted significantly shorter than that due to that section of the fuselage experiencing pos. G from translation? I never thought about the fuselage flex altering things that much but at that length I can see it now..
Thanks for your patience as I try to wrap my head around this...