PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Open Letter to Senator Xenophon
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2010, 02:41
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Mr hat" well said. The only way something serious will get done about this subject is thru a major airframe loss. Yes I know God forbid but Govt's in general never act 'till after the event. We hear/see it almost daily where regulators 'fix' the problem 'after' the horse has bolted.
Aviation will be no different, it's only a matter of time. Like a toilet roll, the closer it gets to the end the faster it seems to go! Meaning the more the training slips to bare mins, in order to save money the more T&C's are eroded the faster that toilet roll ends

I can see it now. At the Coroners court there sits the Coroner dumbfounded by what led to this disastrous event (plane crash taking out more than a couple of citizens on a PVt flt) where many have perished when he reads what we professional have been saying all along (for years) on forums such as this where training, A/C age, fatigue, rosters, poor T&C's, CEO greed etc etc etc have all been the fuel to feed this fiery end.
I love flying, I love the freedom it gives me, the thrill of doing something that few others (compared to the worlds population) have ever done but I don't love the industry anymore, the industry I feel is self destructing for greed has ruined what was once a revered occupation where people respected pilots & rightly so as it was & still is a dangerous environment that most whom don't fly take for granted, some CEO's included .

Sadly this industry is unfix-able within the current climate of where Money & Safety are entwined, only one of those rules...........

Wmk2