PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2010, 21:14
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not a massive deal but just one thing you wouldn't worry about traveling EZY or FR
Neil- you may well be correct here, unless of course you are on your way to the airport on a Sunday evening in Barcelona and you get a text to say that your flight has been cancelled.

That was my experience last Sunday evening together with 150 other passengers who were to fly to Belfast. No seats were available until Wednesday!!! And as I had to be in Belfast for 9am yesterday I had to take a flight to Liverpool Sunday night, then pay £129 for a hotel for 1 night, and then book a new flight to Belfast for 7am take off!! Flight late on BCN LPL and got to LPL 1am! So after bags picked up 2am bed up 5am for checkin at 6!!!

The whole experience was painful, we were exhausted, and the conditions on Sunday evening in the Easyjet part of T2 (c) was like 3rd world conditions, priority checkin for easyjet plus card holders was slower than the long queue, and it was long. Then another long queue through a narrow security channel. Many people skipped the queue.

A regular flier on Easyjet I am and like the airline but this experience was the worst I have ever had. It made me realise how bad it has been for all the inconvenienced passengers over the summer due to disruptions especially on Sunday evenings.

Some people re booked out of Barcelona to Belfast (Aer Lingus) for Monday at prices in the region of €350. 2 passengers had to get home and booked Aer Lingus to Cork and pledged they would not fly Easyjet again....

Not even sure what the reason for cancellation was... yes there were french strikes but all the other flights were operating. One interesting thing was that the flight was on the departures board but not marked cancelled, but close to the official departure time it was reading flight closing but there was no flight operating!!
Rant over. Easyjet get your house in order.

EI-BUD