PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Comlux Aviation
Thread: Comlux Aviation
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2010, 18:05
Iver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilots leaving in droves and yet Management does nothing? Interesting. Do they end up cancelling many flights with such short staffing? Are there training bonds involved or are all hired pilots typed before they start?

Let's say, hypothetically, that someone with Airbus A319/20 time were interested in an A318 Elite FO position with Comlux based in Europe. I am not that person but I know someone who would be looking at such an opportunity. So, some questions for people in the know:

1. Are there specific pilot bases (i.e., in Switzerland) or can you live anywhere on the continent? What are the basing restrictions?

2. Understanding that there is no schedule (completely ad hoc), what "could" a typical/average month look like on the Airbus fleet in terms of numbers of trips, days off, etc.? I realise every month is different. Just looking at averages...

3. What is the minimum requirement in terms of time in type to upgrade to Captain on the Airbus fleet? How long might that take (especially with the rapid exodus of pilots)?

4. What are the primary reasons why people are leaving? Is it basically pay and scheduling? I see many of the negatives discussed - what about any positives at Comlux?

My mate will likely stay where he is (German LCC) but he is still interested in looking at alternatives.

Cheers - PMs also welcome.