PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia Express will need 450 pilots
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2010, 17:20
Mr Good Cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally someone hiring. Where do I apply? Finally gonna get out of my desk-job hopefully, and fly a real Airbus instead of pretending on flight sim all days long.

Pay is a bit less then i'm making now, but at least the job is a lot cooler!! Rather fly for less then work my miserable desk job for more. "If you love what you do, you never work a day" Right?

TR will get paid off eventually. "Ladies and Gentleman from the flight deck, welcome aboard Iberia Express flight4309 to Frankfurt" O man, can't wait to say it!!! WOOOOOO WOOOOOOO this train is gettin'a'rollin' who's on board?

Hope you don't mind me asking 767PL, but if you currently have a desk job earning not much than 2000 euros how will you manage to get the 500 hours on type required?

Do you have a wealthy family who can support you if you decide buy 500 hours on a pay-to-fly scheme? (serious question not having a dig at you)...

I'm just curious how so many newbies can afford to do this unless they get some help? And is it really possible to buy a whole 500 hours from an airline? Wow!

Best of luck in your application, don't forget to buy a couple of hours in the sim before the interview to give yourself a head-start on the other guys