PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets Civilian Gliding Instructor
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2010, 11:46
gpn01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CaptainD2010
Hello Everyone!

This is my first post so please be gentle!

I am currently looking into becoming a Civilian Gliding Instructor with the Air Cadets. Being an ex-Cadet myself, and still having a real passion for flying, I was thinking of offering my spare time in becoming a Gliding Instructor. However, I was wondering if there is anyone out there who can give me some advice - maybe you are currently a CGI who can point me in the right direction!

I am 28, work full time but have plenty of spare time on the weekends. I have not flown for about 2-3 years. I was training with Cabair to complete my PPL - I have 48 hours in the Diamond Katana DV20 with over 12 hours solo - but towards the end of my course, they took the aircraft out of service!! So with that and a mixture of constant bad weather, and getting married in the middle of it all as well, I have not been able to finish my PPL. I thought that maybe joining a VGS would be a good way of getting back in the air! Also, when I was in the Cadets, I did complete a gliding scholarship with a VGS, though that was back in 1999!!!

Any advice that anyone can give me would be gratefully received!!

Many Thanks!!
Perhaps I'm missing something here! You had limited gliding experience and haven't been gliding in over ten years but want to become a gliding instructor? Laudable but maybe it'd be a good idea to get current in gliding first or have I misunderstood?