PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Arik Air Pilots-Union Thread.
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2010, 03:18
Oba1kanobe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let me expand on a few of the thoughts, one at a time, as we frame an outline of a proposed contract:

a. Seniority (including provisions / sanctions for staff work)

1. Provisions to specify who is a pilot - Anybody who was hired by the company for flying duties, or subsequently is assigned flying duties after joining the company. That person must also hold the applicable pilot license, etc.

2. What day does seniority begin? Now, do we want this to start at hire date? Or when released to fly the line? Some other date?

3. Provisions for voluntary breaks in service (short term)

4. Provisions for return to the company after a break in service (long term)

5. Provisions for involuntary breaks in service (sacked, medical lapse, suspension over XX days/months, etc)

6. Provisions for staff time, not flying - this to me is a bonafide break in service. If you volunteered / bid to perform a non-flying post, you also forfeit some seniority. All, or some formula thereof, lost.

7. Provisions for staff time, flying- I would say that provided the staff pilot flies XX hours in the time period (6-12 month look back maybe?).

8. Provisions for pilots in "post holder" positions: CP, DFO, MD, etc. Let's say Jason Holt came back as a A340 captain tomorrow. Do we count any of his time as MD? I would say no, because even though he flew, he was not hired to be a pilot. Plus, he would not have met whatever provisions might be established for a 6-12 month lookback.