PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell 412 start and performance questions
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2010, 22:01
prehar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cat A

From what I have gathered so far the whole exercise of Performance Class I of DGCA is to talk Cat A but call it another name....unlike what most Oil companies worldwide follow as 'exposure time' during take off from Rigs etc ...to be able to climb away following a OEI condition..and maybe a similar exposure time during landings Offshore.
True Cat A capability for various machines like S-76 , AW-139 involves a great deal of concept definations,performance issues, helicopter configuration ,training for both Pilots from both seats(to land or take off from Offshore rigs based on obstructions etc ) which probably the DGCA would not like to address or is incapable of analysing with its present members .., nor would the helicopter Operators...so using part of the supplement for Cat A of the Bell 412 ,some details are reduced to some numbers that work for all concerned. I guess a similar number works for the Dauphin N3 or other such machines that operate Offshore.
Serious Regulators would go the extra mile to fully investigate , understand and legislate Cat A issues coz they are liable to legal recourse in many countries not only by the aggreived parties concerned ,but by Insurance companies as well... if they are found wanting .