PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nick Xenophon - The most important person in the future of Australian Aviation
Old 20th Sep 2010, 17:18
gobbledock

Location: Alabama, then Wyoming, then Idaho and now staying with Kharon on Styx houseboat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airline CEO's are the safety risk

I wonder whether these new generation aviation hot shot CEO's would accept a first year med graduate performing a basic operation?
Good point Fruet Mich. I am wondering if the same CEO's would let a first year grad act in the position of airline CEO for a year, or act as CFO for a year ?? Hmmm. I doubt it. There is no way they would allow their precious profits and number 1 priority called money be loose in the hands of the inexperienced.
CEO's are bean counters and have no idea about safety. Combine that with the company's safety managers who massage the figures and don't paint a true and realistic picture of what is reality or what is really going on to the CEO (because they fear the CEO would punt them for incompetence or bad publicity) and you end up with a recipe for disaster.

Perhaps for the good Senator the penny has dropped and he has now become accutely aware that every time he flies on a major airline in business class while sipping wine and reading The Fin Review his a#s isn't as safe as he thought ?

Mr Hat is 100% correct, Australia is a smoking hole waiting to happen.The 'glass is half full' people will dispute this as being scaremongering,so be it.But I am happy for anybody to frame my comments and then re-visit them in 5 yeras time to see whether us 'glass half empty' spruikers are vindicated.

It is time that CEO's before appointment had a minimum of lets say 10 years within a 'safety focused role' before they can run an airline . Let's see the Senator push that agenda !