PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets Civilian Gliding Instructor
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2010, 16:46
CaptainD2010

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Cadets Civilian Gliding Instructor

Hello Everyone!

This is my first post so please be gentle!

I am currently looking into becoming a Civilian Gliding Instructor with the Air Cadets. Being an ex-Cadet myself, and still having a real passion for flying, I was thinking of offering my spare time in becoming a Gliding Instructor. However, I was wondering if there is anyone out there who can give me some advice - maybe you are currently a CGI who can point me in the right direction!

I am 28, work full time but have plenty of spare time on the weekends. I have not flown for about 2-3 years. I was training with Cabair to complete my PPL - I have 48 hours in the Diamond Katana DV20 with over 12 hours solo - but towards the end of my course, they took the aircraft out of service!! So with that and a mixture of constant bad weather, and getting married in the middle of it all as well, I have not been able to finish my PPL. I thought that maybe joining a VGS would be a good way of getting back in the air! Also, when I was in the Cadets, I did complete a gliding scholarship with a VGS, though that was back in 1999!!!

Any advice that anyone can give me would be gratefully received!!

Many Thanks!!