PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qualities of a Good Training Captain
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2010, 15:48
411A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We know he flies for an airline that operates some of the last remaining Tristars in civilian service...
Two airlines, actually on a rotating basis, as contracts require.

... has seen some of their fleet recently grounded for having expired LLPs (life limited parts)
Where is your proof?
Looks to me that ASFKAP is the 'pub bore' unable to separate fact from fiction.
This possibly is to be expected, as...he could never get TriStar aircraft to perform as advertised, whereas others definitely could...and can.

Now, in regard to this...

IMHO that is what is happening to this industry; in the rush to cut training time and costs the lessons of the past are simply not being passed on to the younger generations.
This can well be true, especially in larger companies where the training budget is constantly under pressure...as indeed the entire airlne may well be.

This is why I consider my training methods correct....as there is simply not enough time availabe to make everyone have all those warm and fuzzy feelings.
During line training, I subscribe to the 'do it my way, or else' agenda...and it works, no doubt about it.
Once a pilot is out on the line, he can accept/reject all the various odd ways of doing things from the Commanders he flies with.
During line training...sorry, no sale.