PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Information on EASA FCL?
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2010, 15:03
421C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, this is well known and understood
Respectfully, you've just misunderstood it, by assuming "operators based in Europe will be subject to EASA regulation regardless of flag" does not apply to EASA FCL regulations. It does. It's reasonably clear in loads of EASA docs they keep publishing and EU laws are already on the statute book (but not implemented yet).

Has Sivel actually stated openly directly and unambiguously that duplicate licenses will be mandatory? He holds a PPL so must be able to give a clear answer.
I don't know. Who cares? It's written plainly and consistently throughout the EASA regulations. I can't really make a clearer point on this.

You ought to post this on the Bizjet forum where it will get an audience more appropriate to the gravity (like.... pilots losing their jobs).
I imagine that few pilots are going to lose their jobs, hence the lack of interest in the subject. Don't you think a professional pilot for an EU operator who happens not to have EU licences won't just go out an do the ATPL writtens and the relatively quick conversion courses for CPL and IR?
Remember, people with no flying background and little hope of getting flying jobs borrow £100k to get these quals. Surely someone with a pilot job already is going to do the conversion at a fraction of the cost of an ab inito candidate? Call it £1500 for the writtens all in, £2000 for the CPL, £5000k for the IR, give or take £1k. So that's £10k. Compared to what? £60k modular, £100k integrated?