PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Domestic - Wannabes & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2010, 13:42
bjork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey RoxyPerth,

i went to recruitment day, you get the invite via email. maybe just go into your application & just update something so it stays in the system. My advice is best you go and get your first aid & RSA courses done before the interview. Although its probably not a deal breaker, if you look at it from a logistical point of view doesnt it look better that you rock up to the interview with all the required documentation rather than "oh sorry i havent done that yet, sorry i havent completed that yet, i was waiting to see whether i gat the job".. im not been rude but realistically when you are up against hundreds, possibly thousands of other people who want the job just as much as you do & they rock up to the interview and have all the qualifications & documentation already ready & there to submit, well i just think that it looks better if you already have it, & secondly its a very long process as it is, so not having all the documentation just slows up the whole flow of the process from the Qantas perspective. Just a thought.. Be PREPARED & good luck.. im still waiting.. went to ADL assessment day on 31st August, am still waiting, anyone else in the same boat?

Hey NewFlybe,

just wondering when you went for your original assesment day? I went on 31st August, got invited to the candidate event a couple of days later but i couldnt attend of prior work commitments. I just got referenced checked about a week and a half ago (well one of my referees told me that they rung her ) and i emailed then to see if i could go to another candidate event session but i havent heard back from them yet.. fingers crossed..
Can you tell me what happens at the Candidate Event? Its weird although i didnt go to the candidate event session i still got a call in regards to my references & then got reference checked, then a few days later i got an email advising me that i was going to be reference checked. I know that the email was just computer generated but its still really weird.. I just wish there was a phone number i could call in regards to the candidate event, and i hope that the fact that i didnt attend it hinders my application.. anyways, good luck to all