PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QR instructors shortage
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2010, 09:07
A330 man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Instructors receive no support from their department, e.g. you have to search personally for the training material to teach, updating the training material is your own responsibility.

You do a single mistake and you'll be out of training with shame-in some cases instructors lost any chance for future promotion or fleet transfer.

Try to get a nice layover to take your family along, many times the single request is denied due to the famous word in the rostering department: Sorry , unable due to TRAINING NEEDS while that fact is : WE DON'T CARE

Try to resign the training in your current fleet, you will be black lsited not to be a traininer again on any fleet.

It reminds me of the famous Eagles' song : "Hotel California" you can check in, but you can never leave.

You can understand now the reason why no captains are willing to join the training.

Sorry guys, but for the time being –till major life style change occurs for instructors- I would rather be a line captain, enjoying the bidding system to fly long layovers till I transfer to the next fleet.

Last edited by A330 man; 20th Sep 2010 at 10:12.