PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI 30+
Thread: BMI 30+
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2010, 08:29
Mr Good Cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys, before i start just want to point out that I'm not a porker but I do have a BMI over 30, from the age of about 14 I have played a very high level of Rugby in the UK up to about 5 years ago and at my very fittest I was 15st 7Ilbs which for a rugby player standing at 5''8' is pretty standard, guys are weighing in at a lot more these days!!

I have to be honest and say that I would seriously struggle to make a BMI of 30 I've always been very heavily built I have a 36'' waist and a 48'' chest at the moment but intend to lose a couple of inches and drop down to about 15 stone but that will take me several months of hard work and serious discipline.

Do EK take build into account at all, I had the same problem when I went through Army Selection but once they saw me I was signed off fit!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, oh and no oink oink jokes..

Cheers

MN
Monkeynutz,

They are pretty strict about BMI but they aren't that stupid, they can see when someone is more muscle than fat.

I will say one thing though; this 100 hour a month long-haul business at EK leaves you sat in your seat for hours on end with no physical exertion, but leaves you too mentally tired to motivate yourself for exercise on your days off...

It is very easy to suddenly find yourself ballooning a couple of stone if you've a healthy appetite bearing in mind no one walks anywhere in Dubai especially in the summer.

If you've played rugby at a high-level there's plenty of opportunities to keep in trim down in Dubai, even if it's only training (not sure how EK would view you getting an injury and missing work if you played full contact).

If you're a Union man there's EKs team 'the muppets' as well as Dubai Exiles which may suit your standard. And if you really want to get put through your paces the UAE Falcons Rugby league team trains down at Zabeel Park a couple of times a week, think they've got some guys who've played at a pretty high level in Oz.

There's always nice gyms at the hotels too.

MGC