PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: REX Recruitment/Cadetship and Working for REX
Old 20th Sep 2010, 04:43
KRUSTY 34

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Disagree with CASA swh, absolutely, and not just because they're CASA either.

What you have quoted is a direct copy of the original 2007 ATOG proposal! A proposal!!!

I especially like the bit about "...provided all (my bolding) pilot-in command functions,except taxiing", (I love that bit) "can be performed from a co-pilot's seat, either directly or by instruction"

Putting taxiing aside, one of the functions of the pilot in command at REX is the starting of engines. Only qualified Captains or candidates under the instruction of Check and/or Training Captains are allowed to start engines. Line captains are not permitted to allow anyone (except themselves of course) to start engines QED!

This is just one example of why the ATOG proposal, that you spuriously put up as regulation has not been applied. It was a cynical and self serving attempt to justify a practice for the benefit of CASA's mates in the industry, and it was exposed as the flawed document it is! Numerous other examples of "Pilot-in Command" duties that are not transferable to a First Officer in the RHS are also the reason this practice has not been adopted by REX. If REX could make it happen, they would. CASA's incompetance in this area has probably assured that this is unlikely to ever happen!

As I said, around and around we go.

Have a nice day.